Position Title: Senior HR Business Partner
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000
As a successful Senior HR Business Partner you will be providing support to an established Employment Programme on a permanent basis. This service gives people, who face additional barriers to finding work, the best support available. This programme is delivered across the North East which encompasses Derbyshire, South and West Yorkshire and the North East of England in addition to South London.
As a Senior HR Business Partner, you have a crucial role in the company as your role is key to providing business-focussed generalist HR advice, guidance and interventions across the employment programme and various departments.
Duties will primarily focus on the professional areas of Performance & Reward, Employee Relations, Resource and Talent Planning and Organisational Design. As a Senior HR Business Partner, you will also be expected to contribute to and support the implementation of Employee Engagement and Organisational Development activities along with ensuring they liaise effectively with the HR Services team to ensure that all contractual administration and payroll activities can be delivered accurately and on time.
Required Skills and Experience:
- CIPD qualified status (Minimum of Level 5, ideally at or working towards Level 7)
- Skilled influencer capable of gaining commitment and support from key stakeholders.
- Attentive to detail, particularly regarding contractual issues and complex employee relations matters.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in Human Resources Management, both in hard & soft HR is essential
- When restrictions ease, willingness, and flexibility to travel across the North East (Derbyshire, South and West Yorkshire and the North East of England) with occasional travel to South London
- Background of working in a generalist HR environment with some experience of supporting and advising line managers on a range of HR issues such as reorganisations and ER issues.
- Experience of managing restructuring exercises preferably involving the full cycle of HR interventions (proposal, consultation, decision, redeployment).
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment that is subject to regular change Commercially focussed and capable of providing people focussed interventions that support the delivery of business objectives without compromising HR policies and procedures or endangering the psychological contract.
- Ability to rapidly analyse and understand issues/information and use such information to make decisions or put forward recommendations that are both robust and defensible.
- Confident in dealing with staff at all levels, willing to challenge and confront where appropriate, engendering trust and confidence in their commercial and HR expertise.
- Have led on or supported recruitment & selection processes
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience of delivering board director level presentations.
- Experience of leading HR projects involving consultative activity with key internal stakeholders.
- Delivering of HR advice & guidance, face-to-face and over the telephone to operational teams who work within a customer-focussed and/or contract-based business environment e.g. recruitment, retail, government outsourced business activities etc.
- Employment law specialist qualification or evidence of employment law forming element of CIPD studies or other studies or continuous professional development activity.
- Experience of leading investigations into gross misconduct level allegations